IN ST COLUMBA'S PARISH
The Parish Office is open Tuesday to Friday 10am to 12noon and 3pm to 5pm by appointment. The email address for any general enquiries and information relating to the Parish is email@example.com
Click on an underlined item to open a particular document
1 Sunday of Lent - Year B
18 February 2018
Mass at 9am and 6pm
and collect your leaflet
from the church
On Thursday 22 February at 9.30am there will be a Service of Word and and Communion.
BIBLE REFLECTION GROUP
COME AS YOU ARE!
Join the Group and deepen the reflection on Sunday’s readings, every Monday at 7.30pm in the Church
“And the Word was with God, and the Word was God”
COME AND DANCE FLAMENCO !
on Tuesdays in the Church Hall at 8pm
Dates for your diary:
St Columba’s is hosting the CTfC Rendezvous Service
on Wednesday 21st February at 12:15 to 12:45pm in the United Reform Church.
Help is URGENTLY needed to read prayers, serve teas and coffees. Please contact Tina telephone 01494 786846 to volunteer
Passover Supper at St Aidan's
Friday 23rd February, at 7pm
A wonderful way of understanding the background to the Mass, as well as being a very enjoyable social event. Families with young people are especially welcome, with a much reduced price for children. The cost is £8 for adults and £3 for children, which includes a full meal and drinks, as well as a programme. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
CAFOD LENT FAMILY FAST DAY Friday 23rd February. All donations to CAFOD will be matched £by£ by the Government & Tax payers can “Gift Aid”
Coffee & Chat
Saturday 24 February - 2pm
with the UCM (Union of Catholic Mothers)
Reflections for Lent
From the Monks of Caldey Abbey
reflection, exposition, contemplative Music
Thursday 1st March, 8pm
An evening of faith, laughter
With David Payne
Catholic film director, author and conference speaker
How Lent can help us experience more of the Holy Spirit
Friday 16 March 2018 8:15pm
at Our Lady's School
ST PATRICK’S NIGHT
Saturday 17th March 7:30pm-11.30
at Our Lady's School
Irish food, music and dancing
to fundraise for Ecuador
Mass for Marriage and Family Life
Saturday 3rd March 11:30 for12noon Mass
Bishop Peter warmly invites you to the Diocesan Mass at The Holy Family Catholic Church in Slough.
Bishop Peter will give his pastoral blessing to those couples celebrating significant milestones in their marriage (1,10,20,25,30,40, 50 years).
If you are celebrating such a milestone and /or wish to attend the Mass please contact theParish Office. All are welcome to attend. Refreshments available afterwards.
Chrism Mass and Lunch
at Northampton Cathedral
with Bishop Peter and Clergy
Thursday 29th March
Please contact the parish office email@example.com if you would like to attend as we are planning on providing transport depending upon numbers
Usual Ordinary Weekday Mass Times See details on the Mass Times page
The Catholic community at St Columba's has held regular parish events. Some examples from the past include:
- 'A Musical Christmas' the choirs of St Columba and the Immaculate Heart of Mary parishes joined together for an evening of musical entertainment, eclectic mix of Christmas carols, songs and show tunes.
- Parish Assembly 1 October 2017 - whole day event. Parishioners looked at how the parish can fulfill it's mission from a pastoral, liturgical and practical perspective.
- July 2017 Mass of Thanksgiving for the Parish and Parish party at St Columba's House.
- Parish Fun Day, 12 June 2017, to celebrate the Parishes Patronal Feast of St Columba. See report and pictures by clicking here
- Parish Assembly 29 January 2017 - whole day event. Over 100 people joined the Assembly and looked at how the parish can fulfill it's mission from a pastoral, liturgical and practical perspective. This exciting initiative will be followed up during the year.
- Induction of Father Alessandor Reno as priest in charge on Thursday 13 October 2016 in the presence of the Dean, Father Michael Spain, representing Bishop Peter. Also in attendacne were Fr Andy Ollard, Deacon John Crowshaw and represntatives of Churches Together for Chesham. Father Alessandor made a profession of faith and an oath of fidelity.
- The 2016 Backpackers event, a Christian adventure for young people (5-11 years) run and supported by Churches Together in Chesham took place at the end of July. It offered the children of Chesham 4 days of great fun & excitement in a Christian environment; exposing the children to the great news of Jesus Christ and showing them that being a Christian is not dull! A great sucesss and sense of community.
- July 2016 Parish tea party at St Columba's House. Parishioners of all ages enjoyed a fantastic afternoon of food, fun, music and dancing.
- Mercy in Today's World a series fo talks celebrating the year of Mercy: 'A God of Mercy', 'A Church of Mercy', 'A Life of Mercy' June 2016.
- Churches Together for Chesham Lent Lectures 2016 - 'Living Today' given by national figures across 5 Wednesdays.
- The Magic Toyshop by Chesham Bois Catholic Players at the Elgiva Theatre 21 - 24 January 2016.
- Advent reflection on Thursday 17 December 2015 was a prayerful and restful experience. An evening of reflection and contemplative music in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament. The focus was the Jubilee Year of Mercy and what we can learn from the love and grace of those with special needs.
- 'The Gift' - Life in the Spirit a series of talks aimed at people of all ages to help them encounter the Holy Spirit and empower them to share their faith on Wednesday evenings in November and early December 2015 at St Joseph, Gerrards Cross was a most moving and prayerful time.
- Christmas by Candlelight at 7pm on Saturday December 5 2015 at the Church was a great success. Bishop Peter was present and blessed the new organ. The evening of sacred and secular music and readings, some serious and some light-hearted, was presented by the choir, the youth music group and the youth choir. The readings were presented by parishioners. The Church was full and a sense of love, community and friendship was palpable.
A further £1,150 was raised bringing the total so far to about £9,000. Thank you so much - only £4,000 needed to reach the total required of £13,000.
- A murder mystery fund raising dinner
- Hog roast celebration
Catechism of the Catholic Church. A new edition of the Catechism with the latest liturgical translations which is easier to navigate and more affordable has been produced by the CTS. For more information go to www.ctsbooks.org/catechism.